The Magnifica super automatic espresso machine, from DeLonghi, is really a nicely created, sturdily constructed espresso and cappuccino maker.
DeLonghi has integrated a great number of pro-quality features into this sleek-looking counter-top appliance which produces a consistent, rich, scrumptious, steaming hot espresso every time.
The Magnifica super automatic features DeLonghi’s patented beans-to-brew system, which grinds your coffee beans immediately prior to brewing your drink, resulting in the freshest, greatest tasting espresso possible
I would consider the DeLonghi Magnifica super automatic espresso machine to be the greatest in it’s class for price and efficiency. It produces an excellent espresso, and is also super-easy to clean and maintain, something that other manufacturers models aren’t. You can very easily pull out the brew group and clean it – and this is extremely essential. Doing so on a regular basis will ensure flawless operation for a lot of years.
If you want to keep your machine at it is optimal working condition there are two issues to keep in mind: Do upkeep on the machine on a routine, weekly basis, and don’t use oily espresso beans in the machine.
- If you are able to, use distilled water or spring water instead of faucet water. Your coffee will taste much better if you do.
- You should only use 100% Arabica coffee beans, which are usually non-oily. Using oily beans will result in the machine getting clogged, and also the clogged grounds may get rancid. It will also shorten the life of the machine.
- Thoroughly clean the brew group at least once a week. Just snap it out and run it under hot water.
- De-calcify the machine when it signals you to complete it. It’s easy to do so don’t put it off.
The bean grinder is a bit noisier than some machines. But grinding only lasts for a few seconds.
It does not come on automatically at a pre-set time, like in the morning. You won’t have to wait long, however, because it heats up to brew-temperature in just a few minutes.
The cup warmer could get a little warmer. Run your cups beneath hot h2o for a couple of seconds and then place them back on the tray.
Here is what I personally consider to be the best espresso settings:
- Espresso quantity control set at 10 o’clock
- Espresso strength control set at three o’clock
- Use the single cup espresso option
- Set the bean grinder at 5
The coffee from the Magnifica is just as good as from Starbucks, and is also very close to what you might find in Italy – not quite, but purchasing your own DeLonghi Magnifica super automatic espresso machine is a great deal less costly than going to Italy for a great espresso that has a great créma, is the perfect temperature, and has rich, robust flavor.